Out of all my seasonal beauty posts, this is the one I’ve been looking forward to writing the most. If you know me, you know that Fall and Winter have always been my favorite seasons. I love the colors, the weather, the holidays, and the layers upon layers of clothing. But lately I’ve grown a fondness for Springtime. I love the longer days, the brighter colors, the flowers, and the renewed sense of hope that comes with a season all about rebirth and growth.
With this new-found liking towards Spring comes an enthusiasm for Springtime beauty and fashion. And I’m thrilled to bring you a round-up of my current beauty necessities 🙂
- Crest 3D White Luxe Whitestrips – Ever since I got my braces off in high school, I’ve been a stickler about keeping my teeth straight and white. Crest Whitestrips have been my go-to since I was sixteen. They give me quick results and they’re easy to use! Lately I find myself needing a touch up more often, because of the coffee I drink, but the results from these strips can last for years.
- Hot Tools Pink Titanium Curling Iron – During the Winter months, I mostly keep my hair up in a bun. I like to give it a break from all the styling I put it through during Summer and Fall. Come Spring, I’m feeling up to styling it again. This curling iron has been a savior since my mother gave it to me as a gift. I love that you can change the temperature setting on this, so you can control how much heat you’re putting your hair through. This iron has given me bouncy looking curls and has cut down on how much time I need to make my way through all of my thick hair. Plus, I love that it comes in pink!
- Trader Joe’s Vitamin E Oil – I’ve previously blogged about this oil as part of my skin care routine, and I’m still loving it for every day use. It’s been a great moisturizer for the harsh Winter months, and now that my allergies have kicked in this Spring, this oil has helped with the dryness around my nose.
- NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Luxembourg – Being a fan of Taylor Swift, when I read that she uses NARS lip pencils, I ran out and purchased those exact colors. I’m typically a red-lip kind of girl, but I like to break out of my shell around this time of year. This pink lip is vibrant and fun! Any time I wear this color I feel more confident and free-spirited 🙂
- Dr. Jart Every Sun Day UV Sun Fluid – As I’ve gotten older, I’ve started to take advice about skin care more seriously. And the one piece of advice I read about everywhere? Wear sunscreen. I’ll admit, I’m still working on incorporating SPF into my daily routine, but I know it’s especially important to protect my skin now that I’ll be spending more time in the sun. I got this sun fluid from Sephora in a sample bag, and I love to wear it underneath my makeup. Unlike most sunscreens, it’s not sticky and doesn’t have a smell. I haven’t decided yet if I’ll purchase this fluid once I run out of the sample size, but so far it’s been a great way to protect my skin from sun damage.
- essie Nail Polish in Mint Candy Apple – Same as lipstick, I just cannot resist a red manicure. I never really cared about abiding by seasonal nail polish colors, until last summer. Now that Winter is over and I’ve worn out my Formula X red polish, I thought it would be fun to switch things up with this pretty mint color. While I’m not a huge fan of really bright polishes on my finger nails, this color looks gorgeous on my toes!
- e.l.f. Tone Adjusting Face Primer – It’s important to use primer before applying foundation if you want your makeup to look good and last throughout the day. I’ve gone through so many brands of primer, and most of them are either too expensive or cause me to break out. Fed up with this problem, I decided to purchase e.l.f.’s primer on a whim last year while I was browsing through Target. For only six bucks, this primer is a score. It hasn’t caused me to break out once and I like that this brand offers different primers to suit your needs—I went with Tone Adjusting because my main skin issue is redness.
- Bath and Body Works Ultra Shea Body Cream in Sweet Magnolia & Clementine – My heart aches at the thought that this scent might be discontinued, because it is one of my favorites—for any time of year. I’m not typically a fan of floral scents, but this one changed my mind when I first smelled it a couple years ago. It’s fresh and flowery, but not in an overpowering way. I’ve even caught Mike using it several times!
- IT Cosmetics Airbrush OMG! Foundation Brush #106 – I’m a fan of beauty blenders, but more so for blending in concealer. They just don’t offer the amount of coverage I’m looking for when I apply foundation. I found this brush at Ulta last summer and it has been a game changer for me. It applies my foundation evenly across my face and doesn’t absorb all of my makeup like a sponge does. I can’t see myself ever needing a different foundation brush again after finding this holy grail item.
- Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer in Chocolate – I’ve been in love with this bronzer for a couple of years now. It’s a very buildable product and it gives me the perfect amount of sun-kissed color to my face when I need it. And yes, it does smell like chocolate.