If you live in So Cal, you’re probably enjoying the cooler weather after the literal hell that was last week. While Pasadena hasn’t received the heavy rains (yet) that many of my friends seem to be experiencing, I’m loving this transition into Fall. Or, at least, what feels like Fall in the state with no seasons.
With this new season comes new essentials in my toiletries bag. There are a few items that have made it post-Summer (dry shampoo is always in season), but I couldn’t resist adding new goodies to my stash, so I figured an updated list was in order. Plus, I’m all about sharing my beauty favorites with anyone who will listen. So here are more seasonal must-haves:
- Luxe Majestic Oil Sulfate Free Hydrating Shampoo– About a month ago, I had my hair freshly dyed. It’d been a solid year since my last coloring, so I wasn’t concerned before with trying to preserve the color. Now, that’s all I can think about. This shampoo has been great, not just for keeping my color looking fresh, but for giving my hair needed shine and softness after laying out in the sun the past few months. It’s made with 100% Moroccan Argan oil, both of which are really beneficial to keeping hair healthy.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in Sun Dipped– Summer may be over, but that doesn’t mean I want to lose that Summer glow. These highlighters always finish up my look, and they add a different touch depending on which color I choose and where I place it on my face. I love that they can be worn separately or layered together to create a glow that is unique.
- First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Purifying Mask with Red Clay– After sweating almost daily the last few months, my skin needs a good detox. Mike and I have been obsessed with doing weekly masks together, and this is probably the best we’ve used. You can’t go wrong with any thing from First Aid Beauty (their initials spell out FAB, how could you ever go wrong?).
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge– I love the Beauty Blender, but I don’t love the price. So this makeup applicator from Ulta is the perfect alternative (I daresay, it’s even better). I love that it’s a fraction of the price of the Beauty Blender and that my makeup fully washes out so it looks like a new sponge after each use. The angled bottom comes in handy, too–perfect for blending in concealer under the eyes.
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Vampira– Although the liquid lip craze has slowed down a bit, these lipsticks still find their way into my makeup bag. This color just screams fall and I always get compliments when I wear it. It can be a bit drying and a few coats are needed to even out the color, but Kat’s lipsticks are usually my go-tos and she offers a great color collection.
- Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Body Lotion in Marshmallow Pumpkin Latte– One of my top three favorite scents of all time, this lotion is always with me. It’s my essential Fall fragrance and I like to stock up on it in case it’s ever discontinued (the sale associates swear to me it won’t be). I love that the scent of musk balances out what could be a too-sweet fragrance. Instead, it’s a rich blend of my favorite things.
- Urban Decay Naked eye palette– I use this palette all year long, but I think it’s perfect for the Fall season. The colors really speak to the changing of the leaves, as well as the color of a hot, fresh cup of joe. The shadows last all day, even without a primer underneath. I’ve yet to find any brand to match this quality and I don’t see it being replaced any time soon.
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara– I recently made the switch to this mascara after using Too Faced’s Better Than Sex for the last year. While I really liked the latter, it would come on a bit too clumpy and it always flaked onto my face after a few hours of wear. This mascara doesn’t have either problem! It’s really buildable without ever producing a clumpy look and it makes my lashes look long.
- The Original MakeUp Eraser Makeup Remover Cloth– If you buy makeup removing wipes, stop right now. You’re wasting your money. This cloth is my holy grail of all holy grail makeup products and I’m constantly telling people to buy one. You simply wet the cloth with water and wipe off your makeup. That’s it! And it all comes off in a pinch, even those tough-to-remove eye liners. It’s reusable and machine washable–I’ve had mine for a year and it’s still in perfect condition. So do your face a favor (and your wallet) and use this instead.
- Dior Diorshow Maximizer 3D Triple Volume Plumping Lash Primer– This is one of the samples I picked up from Sephora back in September. After using it for a month, I can finally make a judgement call–and I love it! With the use of this primer, I hardly need an eyelash curler before using my mascara. I love the way it preps my lashes and keeps them looking long all day. I’m definitely going to invest in the full size version once my sample runs out.