The end of Summer is fast approaching and I’m not going to lie to you, I am very excited about it. If you know me, this is nothing new; Fall and Winter have always been my favorite seasons of the year, with Summer being perhaps my least favorite (my thoughts on Spring go back and forth).
Still, I can’t say that I haven’t found enjoyment over the last few months. With frequent trips to the beach (which I live ten minutes from), summer cocktails, booking reading, and the smell of suntan lotion, I have grown a sort of fondness for this time of year. While I’m certainly not going to miss the long, hot Summer days, I’m probably going to feel a smidgen of sadness when it’s gone.
As August flies by and September approaches fast, I’m going to squeeze every last bit of use I can out of these Summer beauty products that have been the bane of my existence this season. I tend to gravitate towards products that are both high in quality and low in price (I am a struggling twenty-something, after all), and all of my purchases are made after extensive research and reading of product reviews. I don’t ever want to waste money on something that’s going to get tossed in the trash, but it does happen to the best of us and I am no exception.
So here are my personal top 10 beauty must-haves for summer!
- e.l.f. High Definition Powder– I have very oily skin, made worse during the Summer. I’m not exaggerating when I say I have to blot every hour. When I use this as a setting powder on top of my makeup, my blotting time is reduced to once or twice a day. I think it works better than most high-end brands I’ve tried, so you’re not sacrificing quality for the amazing price.
- NYX Make Up Setting Spray Matte Finish– I swear by Urban Decay’s All Nighter Setting Spray for oil control, but it’s a bit pricey for me at the moment. I wanted to try a cheaper alternative and I love NYX’s products. This setting spray hasn’t let me down yet, and when I wear it on top of my e.l.f. setting powder, my makeup lasts all day.
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Iberico– This orange-colored lip pencil is my go-to shade for Summer. I’m notorious for always wearing a red lip, but I get compliments when I wear this shade of orange so it’s quickly made its way into my heart (and purse). Unfortunately, it was part of a holiday set last Christmas so it’s not listed on their site, but NARS has a great range of other colors to choose from (several of which I own).
- Essie Nail Polish in Sunshine State of Mind– Keeping with my orange obsession, when I saw this color at CVS I just had to have it. And it definitely enhances the look of my tan, which is never a bad thing.
- Essie Gel.Setter Top Coat– I’ve been using a glossy top coat by Orly for quite some time, but when I spilled the bottle across my bathroom floor, I decided it was time to try something else. This was originally a birthday gift for my mother, which she passed on to me. I have no doubt that my search for a new top coat has ended with this choice.
- Bath & Body Works Ultra Shea Body Cream in Beach Nights Summer Marshmallow– Try saying that five times fast. I had a coupon for a free Signature Collection item with a $10 purchase and I chose this new, sweet, summery scent. It’s probably my third favorite scent B&BW offers, behind Vanilla Bean Noel and Marshmallow Pumpkin Latte. I think it’s a summery version of the latter, which may be why I am so drawn to it.
- Blistex Lip Balm in Orange Mango Blast– I’m typically a Burt’s Bees kind of gal, but when I received this lip balm as a gift, I gladly tossed my pumpkin-scented Burt’s Bees chapstick out the window (figuratively, of course. That stuff is expensive). The smell is amazing and I think it does a great job at combating chapped lips, instead of making them worse like some brands I’ve tried *cough* EOS *cough*.
- Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Dry Shampoo– Admittedly, I can go several days between washes. My hair is pretty healthy after the years of damage I’ve inflicted on it. However, I still like to use dry shampoo when I need to stretch my washes a bit further. This stuff is my holy grail. Seriously. I’ve tried so many various brands and none can compete with Not Your Mother’s.
- Marc Jacobs Honey Eau De Parfum– This is the priciest item on my list, but it was a gift so I didn’t splurge on this, myself. When I first smelled the fragrance, I did not care for it. I thought it had a bit of an “old lady” vibe to it. Now, I find myself spritzing it when I’m feeling extra girly and fancy, “old lady” vibes be damned.
- Bath & Body Works Endless Weekend Mermaid Gift Set– I’m sad to say that B&BW does not offer this gift set anymore (I’ve linked a similar alternative). I originally bought this as a gift for someone else, but I loved the bag so much that I kept it and just gifted the fragrance products that came inside. It currently serves as my makeup bag, as it holds a fair amount of stuff! Plus, anything referencing mermaids is a must-have in my book.
And there you have it! My Summer Beauty Must-Haves. Some of these items will stick around during the changing of the seasons, but I’m excited for what products are in store for Fall. Look for an update in the coming months!